Selene (from English Bootcamp Circle) kindly joined us for a conversation about English learning today. We spoke about teaching English to children, the distinction between a teacher and a coach, common questions that English learners have, and much more!
One of my favourite things that Selene said was: You don’t have to be perfect, you just have to be clear.
- 5:02 – Selene’s Introduction
- 8:01 – Why do so many English teachers live in Japan?
- 12:05 – Growing up bilingual & Raising bilingual children
- 18:53 – Online learning vs Classroom
- 22:26 – Coach vs Teacher
- 28:43 – My mistake with Japanese
- 32:01 – How can learners have more language output?
- 35:44 – Why questions do students ask the most?
- 40:49 – Embarrassing language & cultural mistakes
- 48:32 – Selene’s favourite idioms
- 50:02 – Where to find Selene and goodbyes
Expressions from the Episode
6:30 – The best of both worlds = To have the benefits from two different things
40:49 – To dabble in something = To try something a little bit but not get too involved