David Rajaraman from Speak Like David is a knowledgable English coach living and working in Japan. In this podcast we discuss the benefits of language and the best and most fun way to learn.
- 6:27 – David’s Introduction
- 10:28 – History with English and language
- 14:12 – Learning curve of teaching with no experience
- 16:39 – What it’s like living in Japan
- 20:14 – How has language benefited your life?
- 27:53 – Classroom or online teaching
- 31:49 – What’s your teaching philosophy?
- 40:12 – Learning without studying
- 46:56 – Funny language mistakes
- 50:05 – Where to find David
Every single one of us has already achieved proficiency in one language.
You can study a language from a book. It’s just not the most fun way to do it.
Use the language in a way that’s relevant to your lives and experiences.
Vocabulary & Expressions
Learning Curve (14:12) – The rate of progress when learning a new skill
To mug (18:30) – To attack someone and steal something from them
To drill information (36:28) – To cause someone to learn through repetition
Like a deer in headlights (43:41) – Caught in a state of confusion